How To Make PDF File Adobe Systems has created the portable document format, or PDF, which became the industry standard for the exchange of documents. A PDF document is an exact copy, whether a word or text file, graphics, image, map or video, for the original document. And password can be secured in order to limit access to functionality such as editing and printing [source: Adobe].
You must have the necessary software installed to generate and display a PDF. Adobe Acrobat is the most popular PDF program.
Moreover, you can download some strong PDF third-party apps free of charge. Some of these will cover the original documents with pdf files. Some products have inbuilt-in PDF converters, such as Microsoft Office 2007.
This is how MS Word 2007 can be translated into a PDF:
- Click the Office button.
- Move the mouse pointer over the arrow next to the Save As button and select PDF or XPS.
- Type a name for the PDF in the File Name box or select one from the list of files.
- Choose PDF in the Save as type drop down list.
- This option is only available if your computer has an installed PDF reader.
- Choose Standard (publishing online and printing) or Minimum size (publishing online) under Optimize for, depending on whether or not you want better print quality or lower file size, respectively.
- Click Options and set the appropriate print options.
- Click OK.
- Click Publish to start the PDF creation process. If you need to make any corrections or changes to the PDF, make them to the original Word document and then create a new PDF document [source: Microsoft Office].